If you want to serve dinner at your wedding, but don't have a big budget, you should try a pasta buffet. Almost everyone loves pasta, and it is one of the most affordable dinner options you could choose for your wedding.
If you are serving a pasta buffet, there are a few different ways you can set up the pasta buffet.
You can set out a few different types of noodles without any sauce on them: spaghetti, linguine, rotini and ziti noodles. Then, you can set out a few different types of sauces for people to put on the pasta, such as bolognese, Alfredo, and pesto. You can also set out different types of cheese for your guests to sprinkle on top.
Or, instead of setting out noodles and sauce separately, you can serve two or three pasta dishes. There are so many different types of pasta dishes you could serve; try to serve two or three pasta dishes that are different from one another and have their own distinct flavor. Here are a few ideas:
- Italian Chicken and Peppers
- Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Bolognese Spaghetti
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
- Pesto Pasta
Don't stop with these basic ideas. Take some time before your wedding to try out pasta recipes that you have never eaten before to discover a new gem to serve at your wedding. For example, you could try out the chicken chardonnay pasta recipe listed below.
Chicken Chardonnay Pasta
- 1 small package penne pasta
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 shallot
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup chardonnay
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
1. The first thing you need to do is prepare the paste. Add some water to a large skillet and boil it. Once it is boiling, add in the penne. It should take between 8 to 12 minutes to cook the pasta. The pasta should be tender when it is done. Drain the water out and set the pasta aside.
2. Turn the oven on to broil. Wash the container of cherry tomatoes, and then put them in an oven safe dish. Drizzle them with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Then, broil the tomatoes for five minutes, and then set them aside. This will create some soft and warm roasted tomatoes for your pasta dish. To save time, you can do this at the same time as you prepare the pasta.
3. Wash the chicken and cut off any excess fat. Then take a mallet and pound the chicken. This should tenderize the chicken. Take the skillet, and drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the bottom. It should lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Place the skillet on burner set to medium high. Then add the chicken and let it cook. It should take about 10 to 14 minutes for the chicken to cook. You can flip the chicken every three or four minutes. Do not flip it too often; you want the chicken to cook. When the chicken is done, take it out of the skillet and cut it into smaller pieces for your pasta.
4. Return the skillet to the burner and add the butter. Allow the butter to melt, and then add your diced shallots, minced garlic and some red pepper flakes. If you don't want the pasta to have too much spice, you can reduce the amount of red pepper flakes. If you want the pasta to be on the spicier side, add a few more shakes of red peppers.
5. Sauté the shallots, minced garlic and red pepper flakes for about two minutes. Then add in the salt, pepper and chardonnay. You will want to continue to cook these ingredients for about five minutes over medium high heat until it looks like some of the ingredients have started to evaporate.
6. Now you need to add in the half-and-half, noodles, chicken and parmesan cheese. Stir it into the sauce and let everything warm up and marinate together. When you serve up the dish, sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley on top and a little sprinkle of parmesan. If you like this pasta dish, you can serve it at your wedding alongside a few more classic pasta dishes.
One of the most affordable ways to serve a large group of people is pasta. Going with a pasta buffet for your wedding is a fun way to incorporate dinner into your wedding without breaking your budget. Try out some new pasta recipes, like the chicken chardonnay pasta recipe listed above. Have some fun with your future spouse try out different recipes in the quest for the perfect pasta buffet selections. Once you have an idea of what dishes you would like to serve, find a caterer like A Certain Flair Catering who can execute your vision.